Addressing A Criminal Background
If you've been convicted of a crime in the past, you may have trouble addressing it, either on your resume or in an interview. The internet offers a wide range of advice, and we are linking a few helpful sites below. Also remember that we at NECIC Staffing are here to help you, so if you are in doubt about something, give us a call and ask. You can reach at 419-525-3101.
Monster.com offers an entire series on how to best address a challenging background issue:
- Don’t Let Your Past Haunt Your Job Search home
- Who's Most Likely to Fail the Background Check?
- How Your Financial Past Can Hurt Your Job Search
- Past Bankruptcy Can Haunt Your Job Hunt
- Job Hunting When You Have a Criminal Past
- Resume Dilemma: Criminal Record
And WikiHow offers advice, suggesting that you start by applying at a temp agency: