NECIC & NECIC Staffing, (collectively “Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your Personal Information.
SOME HELPFUL TERMS
"Personal Information" is any information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Examples of Personal Information include: name, email address, and phone number. Personal Information also includes certain information that we collect from you when you visit our website, solicit our services or information about our services, utilize our online chat function, email us, call us, text us, visit our office locations, or contact us via social media, and otherwise for us to provide services to you.
"Cookies" are text files, typically small in size, that are placed on your computer by a webpage server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookies to you. There are different type of cookies, and some cookies may be necessary for the website to run properly.
"Aggregate Information" is information that has been combined with information about other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified. For example, Aggregate Information may include a statement that says "50% of our users have visited our website in the last month".
- How We May Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- Data Collection Technologies
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Your Information
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
HOW WE MAY COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information when you visit our website, when we deliver our services, conduct marketing activities, gather feedback, provide customer support, and run our business operations. The Personal Information we collect may include both online and offline collection and varies based upon whether you are using our website, our services, purchasing our services or participating in surveys and providing feedback.
For the information that you provide to us when soliciting information about the company, soliciting services, filing a complaint, or otherwise use our services, we may collect information such as name, phone number, title, email address, physical address, and other information that may help us better service you.
We may also collect Personal Information from your use of our services. This information may include:
- Device-specific information. We collect device-specific information when you visit our website such as your internet protocol address.
- Browser-specific information. We collect browser information when you visit our website or engage with us electronically.
- Location information. We may collect and process information about your geographic location through the use of Google Analytics. However, this information is in aggregate form and we do not know your exact geographic location.
- Information we collect when you receive our services may be associated with your account. When information is associated with your account, we treat it as Personal Information.
In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you. Obtain your name for purposes of communicating with you and identifying you as a user of the website or our services.
- Verify your identity. We may use your Personal Information to verify who you are. For example, we may verify your age or that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s permission to use the website or services.
- Send you marketing materials. We may send you marketing materials, such as promotional emails or texts, to keep you informed of our upcoming events, positions, services, or announcements. Some of these marketing emails may come directly from us or from our marketing partners. You generally must opt-in to receive our marketing materials, and you may opt out of receiving them at any time. For more information on how to opt out, please see YOUR CHOICES below.
- Respond to your questions and fulfill your requests. We may send you communications upon your request or otherwise with your consent.
- Provide support and receive feedback. We may request Personal Information in order to provide support to you. We may also collect Personal Information that is associated with your feedback.
- Process your transactions. In partnership with our service providers that process payments, we may use your Personal Information that you provide to us in the process of making a purchase to confirm your use of a valid credit card (or other authorized methods of payment), process your payment via a credit card (or other authorized methods of payment), and provide our products and services.
We may also gather non-descriptive, non-identifiable statistical information about how many visitors use our services, how our users use the services, how our users access certain content available on our websites and social media pages, how long our users access certain content, what content our users are accessing, and our user preferences or settings for certain services. We use this Aggregated Information for statistical analysis of how users make use of the services so we can better improve our services.
DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Although most browsers and devices accept Cookies and other Data Collection Technologies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline Cookies. If you disable Cookies, some of the features of our services may not be available or function properly.
Interest Based Advertising: We may use vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising vendors may collect (through the use of Data Collection Technologies) non-identifiable information about your visits to and interactions with our services. In addition, our vendors may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from us. If you would like more information about this practice, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at optout.networkadvertising.org.
Please note: Some web browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including our Services, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit allaboutdnt.com.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because we know your Personal Information is important to you, we may share your information for the reason(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent, as well as in the following ways:
- At Your Direction. We will share your information with third parties if and when you direct us to. For example, you may ask us to share your Personal Information when you wish to interact with other users or post certain information on social media.
- With Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our vendors, as necessary to enable them to provide services to us. Vendors are third parties (other companies and individuals) that support the operation and maintenance of our services.
- With Our Commonly Owned Entities. We may share your Personal Information with other companies under common ownership or control of the Company, which may include our subsidiaries, affiliates, corporate parent, or any other entities owned by our managing member. We do this in order to provide you better service and improve your experience.
- Legal Compliance And Protections. We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your preferences about how we use your information are important to us and, when possible, we aim to honor them. We offer the following choices that you can exercise with regard to your Personal Information.
- Opt out of marketing communications. You can opt out of marketing communications by indicating your preference when you sign up for our services. You may also contact us to opt out of our marketing communications.
- To prevent location information from being collected by us at any time, you can turn off your device’s location-tracking functionality.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- To opt out of interest-based advertising, you can visit optout.networkadvertising.org and follow NAI’s on-screen instructions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising, but the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you opt out through NAI and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new device, you will need you opt out of interest-based advertising again.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook or Google Browser settings.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the "Limit Ad Tracking" setting, and on your Android device, enable the "Opt out of Ads Personalization" setting.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable organizational and technical security measures designed to preserve the security of your Personal Information, including without limitation, encryption technologies and authentication tools. Note, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our services.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use this site.
HOW LONG WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Unless otherwise obligated by law, we store in our systems the Personal Information we collect in a way that allows the identification of the data subjects for no longer than it is necessary in light of the purposes for which the data was collected, or for which that data is further processed.
HOW TO CONTACT US
NECIC (North End Community Improvement Collaborative)
134 North Main St.,
Mansfield, Ohio 44902